Wisconsin 2014 Fall turkey
- 96,700 wild turkey permits are expected to be available to hunters for the fall 2014 turkey hunting season same number of permits that were offered in 2013.
- Please note that this number is preliminary and may be revised following review.
- Any fall turkey permits remaining after the initial drawing will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Aug. 23.
- Leftover fall turkey permits will be sold by zone until sold out or the season ends. Hunters who receive fall turkey permits in Zones 1-5 will be able to fill their unused permits during the extended season in the zone where the permits were issued.
Application Deadline is August 1, 2014
Wisconsin Fall Turkey 2014 Season Dates
- Sept. 13 to Nov. 20 for all seven of Wisconsin’s turkey management zones; and
- an extended fall turkey season for Zones 1-5 from Dec. 1 to Dec. 31.
NRB will set waterfowl season dates at its Aug. 13 meeting.
- Note that Horicon zone hunters no longer need to apply in advance for hunting tags. Hunters in this zone will simply need to indicate their zone preference when they purchase a license. Licenses are available for purchase at any time prior to hunting.
- Season dates for waterfowl vary annually and will not be available until the Natural Resources Board acts in August.
Bobcat, fisher and otter
Quotas for bobcat, fisher and otter will be available on the DNR web page in late July
- No major changes are expected from last year. An additional Southern bobcat zone (all of Wis. south of Hwy 64) has been approved for 2014.
- Those interested in hunting and/or trapping bobcats will need to apply to a specific zone (north or south) and time period (period 1 or 2) for the upcoming season. Bobcat applicant preference points will continue as in the past.
Final permit numbers will be final in August
- Drawings for all three species will take place in late August or early September.
Application deadline is August 1, 2014
- bobcat hunting and trapping: Period 1: Oct. 18 to Dec. 25; Period 2: Dec. 26 to Jan. 31, 2015;
- fisher (trapping only): Oct. 18 through Dec. 31; and
- otter (trapping only): North Zone Nov. 2, 2013 through April 30, 2014; Central & South zones Nov. 2, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
The total wolf quota has been set at 156
- quota available to state-licensed hunters and trappers may be adjusted depending on state response to tribal declarations.
- WDNR will maintain a 10-to-1 license-to-quota ratio.
- One-half of available permits will be issued randomly among all permit applicants
- Second half will be issued through a cumulative preference point drawing.
- Successful applicants will be notified by letter or check their drawing status through the DNR website or via licensing agents.
- It is the applicants responsibility to know their drawing status. Applicants who are not successful in the drawing will be awarded a preference point toward future drawings.
- Starts in all zones on Oct. 15 and is open until the zone is closed by DNR or the last day of February, whichever occurs first.
- WDNR has the authority to close hunting zones when quotas are met or if deemed biologically necessary.